Download Packet Tracer
Packet Tracer is a very useful tool for students who want to learn and experiment networking. Packet Tracer is a product of Cisco. Steps to use Packet Tracer 5.2After downloading you can install the software on your PC.Step 1 – Start Packet Tracer And have A Look At The InterfaceThe bottom left-hand corner of the Packet Tracer screen displays eight icons that represent device categories or groups, such as Routers, Switches, or End Devices.Moving the cursor over the device categories will show the name of the category in the box. To select a device, first select the device category. Once the device category is selected, the options within that category appear in the box next to the category listings. nike free 5.0 . Select the device option that is required. Select End Devices from the options in the bottom left-hand corner. Drag and drop two generic PCs onto the design area.Step 2 – Create A Logical Network Diagram With Four PCs And A Hub Select Hubs from the options in the bottom left-hand corner. Add a hub to the prototype network by dragging and dropping a generic hub onto the design area.
- Select End Devices from the options in the bottom left-hand corner. Add four PC:s to the prototype network by dragging and dropping them onto the design area.
- Select Connections from the bottom left-hand corner. Choose a Copper Straight-through cable type.
- Click the first host, PC0, and assign the cable to the FastEthernet connector. Click the hub, Hub0, andselect a connection port, Port 0, to connect to PC0.
- Repeat the same steps for the second PC, PC1, to connect the PC to Port 1 on the hub.
- Repeat the same steps for the third PC, PC2, to connect the PC to Port 2 on the hub.
- Repeat the same steps for the last PC, PC3, to connect the PC to Port 3 on the hub.