Line Follower Robot by Alpha Unit
Line Follower Robot by Alpha Unit is a robot which is capable of tracking a line of a given path. So, the objective of this post is “To design and implement a robot capable of white line tracking.”
Line Follower Robot Summary
The final design made is divided in different blocks/circuits fabricated individually.
- Power Board/Circuit
- Sensor + Comparator Circuit
- Power Board/Circuit
- Micro Controller Circuit
- H-bridge Circuits
Other major things used are:
- DC geared motors with tyres.
- Aluminum sheet for mechanical structure
Figure below shows the project arena with our proposed path indicated with black line:
Mechanism of Line Tracking
The mechanism of line tracking involves different steps
- The SENSOR circuit takes input from arena through phototransistor sensors, give different values of blue and white surface. These values are transferred to comparator part of circuit.
- The COMPARATOR circuit (with comparator’s I.C LM234) is tuned with threshold value to differentiate between blue & white line and gives the respective output (high for white and low for blue surface in our case).
- The MICROCONROLLER (ATMEGA 16) circuit gets input from comparator circuit. Programming is done using TIMER0 and TIMER2 for different scenarios keeping in mind the task requirement. Outputs are generated to drive the H-Bridge circuit.
- Two H-BRIDGE circuits (with H-Bridge’s I.C L298) are used to drive two motors. Microcontroller guides the h-bridge that in which direction motors should rotate (clockwise or anticlockwise).
H-BRIDGE CIRCUIT FOR LEFT & RIGHT MOTORS
FRONT SENSORS CIRCUIT
BACK SENSORS CIRCUIT
This robot project is made by “Alpha Unit” of COMSATS Electrical Engineering Department. And robot name is called “AlphaTron”.
Buy Complete Project with following things 35$ from Alpha Unit
- Complete Circuit Diagrams
- Proteus Simulation Files for all Circuits
- PCB Layout File for all Circuits
- Straight Line Tracking Code
- More Details About Circuits
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to buy this project.
- M. Mahboob Alam
- Umair Hussain
- Muzammil Behzad
- M. Usman Malik