Non-functional requirements for an e-commerce website
Non-functional requirements for an e-commerce website :
There are many non-functional requirements for an e-commerce website,but we will consider some of them.Most computer-based systems perform some automated procedures or processes; even the simplest website enables a visitor to navigate around the site to find information. More complex websites verify visitors and may automate transactions through e-commerce. The non-functional requirements can include:
Some of non-functional requirements for an e-commerce website are :
- Performance or speed of the system
- Environmental requirements or business rules
- Ease of use
- If the system is a sales system: technical requirements may address the number of transactions per minute.
- If the system is a website: the technical requirements may address the page display speed, compatibility with browsers and hardware platforms.
- If the system is a database-centered system: the technical requirements may address the constructs of the database, number of records or processing time.
- If the system is an inventory control system: the technical requirements may address the ability to set the alarm levels for high and low stocks.
- If the system is a network: the technical requirements may address download or response times, application access, redundancy procedures, disk access speeds, number of users etc.
Safety and Security Requirements :
Security : Users want the system to be secure so that they feel confident using it. But security is not visible as-is, and need to be reflected in the usability.
Usability : Usability means ease with the system. Something fancy, but something usable, which provide the feature that make feel comfortable with it. Usability also relate to the overall impression of security, e.g. the email that receive to confirm a registration could be a better or worse impression of the system, or the way credit card is shown etc.
Availability. If the site is down or there are instability user get a really bad impression. Make sure you can degrade the quality of service and at least have a nice page indicating scheduled maintenance or service saturation.
Performance : Performance would come only then. user don’t want to wait excessively, but as long as user gets a feedback about what’s going on, he or she can wait a bit.
Software Quality Attributes :
- The system must be available 24/7, with no more than one hour of down time per day, and no more than one outage per day.
- The system must respond in under 2 seconds for 95% of uses.
- The system must respond in under 20 seconds for 100% of uses.
- The system must support 10,000 additional users added in the month.
- The system must support 500 new users signing up and initiating within the same hour.